Learn, Relax, Smile
We are always excited to meet each one of our new patients during their first visit to our office. This visit is meant to be an exciting time and a chance for us to get acquainted, so we hope you’re looking forward to it as much as we are.
At Shullman Orthodontics, your comfort and treatment goals are our priority and this initial consultation is key to allowing us to help you reach these goals. Whether it’s braces or Invisalign that you’re looking for, we customize every treatment plan and each individual appliance to fit the exact shape and proportion of your teeth. By doing so, we can give you more freedom with fewer appointments, potentially shorter treatment times, and more efficient results in the end.
What To Expect With Dr. Shullman’s Orthodontic Office In Wellington, FL
Before we begin the initial in-depth oral examination, we will give you a tour of our office and introduce you to Dr. Shullman. We want you to feel comfortable and at ease every time you visit us for your orthodontic treatment. This introduction is the first step in building a good relationship to help you improve your orthodontic health.
At Shullman Orthodontics, your free consultation centers on your smile assessment and determining the best method of orthodontic care for your case. We use state-of-the-art equipment to scan and evaluate your oral health.
Our office uses advanced technology to improve our services and your comfort. Some of the tools you will see used at our office include:
- i-CAT Dental Imaging: a high-tech dental imaging system that creates high definition, ultra-accurate 3D images of your teeth, jaws, and other facial structures. With this dental imaging system, Dr. Shullman can more accurately gauge any oral issue you might be facing.
- iTero Digital Impression System: this tool uses laser technology to perfectly scan and capture the unique features of your teeth and gum tissues. With this impression system, you will never have to gag on uncomfortable gel molds when you need customized orthodontic devices.
Your free consultation will include a complete X-ray of your mouth to help Dr. Shulllman formulate a tailored treatment plan. After the examination, Dr. Shullman will talk with you about your clinical diagnosis and which treatments will most likely help you reach your goals.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you reach your orthodontic goals!
COVID-19 Update: What We’re Doing Differently
We have implemented several new policies and procedures, which follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We are in constant communication with our employees to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both patient-facing and employee-only areas. We are sanitizing high-traffic public areas at an increased frequency.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout our office. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Public touchpoints, such as door handles, check-in stations, and knobs are cleaned multiple times daily.
- Surfaces such as the front desk, coffee station counters, and reception tables are wiped regularly.
- In addition to our world-class standards of instrument sterilization, disinfection, and clinical cleanliness, we are also committed to disinfecting anything regularly affected by the human touch. Door handles, light switches, seating areas, trash cans, coffee makers, credit card processors, telephones, and every commonly-touched surface will be disinfected throughout the day.
Our office has implemented hand washing and sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during each employee’s shift.
- All employees are instructed each day on correct hand sanitizing procedures.
- Employees are instructed to wash their hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Clinical employees are instructed to wash their hands before and after every patient appointment.
- Proper procedures are posted in all employee-only work areas.
All Shullman Orthodontics employees are prohibited from reporting to work with a respiratory illness that can be transmitted to others.
- Shullman Orthodontics has instituted a new Employee Sick leave policy which offers 5 days of paid sick leave to all employees, including part-time and hourly employees, in order to ensure employees who are ill remain home.
- Employees insured by the company have access to healthcare.
- If any employee were to be diagnosed as having coronavirus, they would be placed on a Medical Leave of Absence and would be paid for the duration of physician-mandated treatment.
For patients who feel unwell, we have detailed protocols developed in partnership with the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Orthodontic patients feeling unwell and scheduled for a routine orthodontic adjustment or evaluation should call our office at 561-290-2921 to reschedule their appointment to a later date at least 14 days from today’s date and when the patient is no longer feeling unwell.
- Orthodontic patients feeling unwell and with a broken appliance or orthodontic wire causing pain, should call our office at (561) 290-2921 to arrange for either a teledentistry appointment via FaceTime, Skype, or Zoom with one of our specialists or direct seating in a private treatment room, entering through a secondary entrance and bypassing the reception room. The patient will be given a facial mask to be worn while entering and leaving the office. The doctor and clinical orthodontic team will assess the patient using proper universal precautions in a private room with the parent or guardian.
We want you to not only receive exceptional care but also to enjoy your visit with us. We assure you we will be attentive and vigilant so you can receive safe and comfortable orthodontic treatment in our clinic.
For future updates on what we’re doing in health safety, please call our office.